Power Tongues International

A prayer group like no other


Los Angeles

Los Angeles

New York

New York

London

London

Malta

Valletta

New Zealand

Auckland


USE GOOGLE TO TRANSLATE TO 52 LANGUAGES

Friday, April 15, 2011

Prayer Of Preparation

For your info, in case you want to pray similarly, this is how our home group formats the session:

1. FOCUS ON AND PRAISE JESUS: "Heavenly Father I praise You for all You are and thank You for all you have given me. You are my creator and have redeemed me through the Blood of Jesus Christ Your Son and You have sealed me with the Holy Spirit for the day of redemption.
BIND YOURSELF TO JESUS: "In Jesus' Name I bind my whole person--heart and desires, soul and spirit, body and emotions to the Precious Blood of Jesus Christ. I bind my mind to the Mind that is in Christ Jesus and I bind myself to Your highest and best purpose for my life. Father, anoint me and anoint my prayer as I seek Your guidance.
REPENT OF YOUR SINS AND FORGIVE: I acknowledge my sins before You, Father, repent and ask forgiveness for my sins and failings. I open my heart, Lord, and receive Your forgiveness. I also choose this day to forgive all who have ever offended me and in the Name of Jesus loose from me any strongholds of unforgiveness.
BIND AND CAST OUT EVIL SPIRITS: "In the Name of Jesus Christ, I bind in His Precious Blood and break the power of all evil spirits of the air, earth, fire, water and under the earth. I bind all ministering, generational and occult spirits and spirits of the capital sins in the Precious Blood of Jesus. I command these spirits and any spirits operating through my weaknesses in the Name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, to leave peacefully and quietly, to be disposed of by Jesus and never again to return to harm me.
COME AGAINST AND REVERSE CURSES: In the Name of Jesus I come against, cancel, loose from me and reverse all hexes, curses, spells and incantations, programs, or assignments ever perpetrated against me, my family, loved ones, finances, property and ministry.
CUT UNCLEAN AND UNHOLY BONDS; Father, heal my negative emotions and the wounds of my heart and spirit. In Jesus' Name I destroy and loose from me every stronghold against the knowledge of God and obedience to Christ. I take the sword of your Spirit, the Word of God, and in Jesus' Name, cut and sever all unholy and unclean bonds between me and any other person.
ASK FOR THE HOLY SPIRIT: Father, fill me completely with Your Holy Spirit that I may overflow with Your abundant love. Seal me with this same Spirit and anoint me so that guided with His power I may walk in that which You have purposed for me. (Ask for specific charisms) All this I ask in the Name of Jesus Christ who lives and reigns with You in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God forever and ever. Amen

2. THEN, WHEN YOU BEGIN IN TONGUES: Invite the Holy Spirit to guide and direct your tongues for His purpose. Place the whole session under His care.

3. THEN PRAY IN TONGUES UNTIL YOU FEEL THE TIME IS COMPLETED. Most often we end in unity--we simply know when we're done. Our home group tends to pray between 20-30 minutes.
KEEP A BIBLE AND A PAPER AND PEN NEARBY.
Note scriptures, write down thoughts, words, images that come to mind.

4. WHEN THE PRAYER TONGUES IS COMPLETE: Begin to share with each other briefly what you have received. Be free to share visions, Words, Prayer intentions, Scriptures. Be careful to stay focused and not go off in tangents; staying with what is relevant to what you've received just during this time. One of our members records the words and sends them to us later so we can continue to pray and discern what the Lord is saying to us. If you are praying alone, take a few moments to reflect on the focus of your time. Keep a journal of that session.

5. WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED, PRAY A PRAYER THAT SURRENDERS THE PRAYERS TO GOD, ALLOWING HIM TO DETACH AND REFRESH YOU; "Father, I return all of this to You in love and gratitude. Anything that was just from me, let it be forgotten. That which was from You, let it take root and produce fruit. Father, all the things that You brought to mind, send Your Spirit to bring about Your purpose in each circumstance or situation. Thank You Father, In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen

6. Then please email me your notes, with your name and location on them. If you are doing this as a group, have one person gather the notes and send them together. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

With you in the Spirit
Linda Schubert
www.linda-schubert.com
linda@linda-schubert.com